Teleprotection - G.703 Co-Directional Electrical Interface
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
Teleprotection Equipment IEEE C37.94 Optical Interface
VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment is an extremely rugged product has been designed to operate reliably even under the most demanding conditions and environment. The VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment offers up to 8, 2-way independent command channels which can be operated over a G.703, 64Kbps co-directional digital data link.
VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment may be used independently in a point-to-point application between two nodes connected over an optical fiber link, or it may be used as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 voice and data multiplexer solution over SDH or PDH data networks.
Transmission interface options that are available include:
- 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional digital data interface option for transmission over 64Kbps data links
- E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface option for transmission over E1 links.
- IEEE C37.94 compliant Multi-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over short-reach multi-mode optical fiber links
- IEEE C37.94 modulation compliant Single-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over long-reach, single-mode optical fiber links (≤ 40 KM, ≤ 80 KM,≤ 120 KM, ≤ 150 KM)
- Option of 1+1 redundant optical path protection / route protection
Features and Highlights
- 8 Command Teleprotection Terminal
(8 Nos. Tx & Rx independent command inputs & outputs for providing interconnection with Power Protection Relays).
G.703 64Kbps, 4-Wire co-directional interface.
Available power options: -24V DC, 48V DC, 110V DC, 220V DC and 250V DC.
Flexibility and User Programmability
- User programmable command holding delay for error resistant command inputs
- User programmable command sampling rate for error resistant command transmission
- Less than 2ms command transfer time
- Less than 5ms relay operating time
- Less than 7ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in IEEE C37.94 Optical mode
- Less than 7ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in 2.048Mbps, G.703, E1 interface mode
- Less than 11ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in 64 kbps, G.703 Co-directional 4 wire data interface mode
Event and Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Event Logging.
Management and Monitoring
- RS232 serial, USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network
- Encrypted Password Protection
- Telnet - Remote access over IP links
- Web Interface
- SSH - Secured remote access using Secure Shell Protocol over IP links
- SNMP Traps and NMS for real time remote monitoring and management over an IP network
- Automatic Link Test feature – link testing at user programmable periodical intervals
- Visual I/O status – LED Display.
- Dry contact external alarm relay to connect an external alarm on an annunciator panel, which can be wired up for either NO or NC condition.
- Advanced Communication Protocols to ensure reliable transmission of commands
- Power Supply Immunity to withstand impulse surges and transients of upto 10,000 Volts
- High Quality Relays – withstands voltage 10 kV between coil and contacts (1.2 × 50 μþs)
- Maximum Switching Voltage: 400 V AC or 300 V DC
- Optoisolated Command Inputs
- Optoisolated Relay Outputs
- Relays - Mechanical: 10,000,000 operations min. (at 18,000 operations/hour).
Error Detection and Coding
- Line Code Violation Detection
- LOS Detection
- Block Command Encoding as per C.37.94.
Teleprotection - 64kbit/s G.703 co-directional data channel over SDH / PDH Network
Figure # 1 – Typical Application over a 64Kbps G.703 co-directional data channel as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6 - E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network
Typical Application over an IEEE C37.94 compliant optical link
Figure # 2 – Typical Application over an IEEE C37.94 compliant optical link, as an integrated part of the E1 PDH Voice & Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network.