2112-SLV-LC (PTP IEEE-1588v2 Slave Clocks)
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
PTP IEEE-1588v2 Slave Clock for ToD (Time of Day) and Frequency Synchronization
Orion Telecom Networks Inc. offers its VCL-PTP-2112, PTP Slave Clock is a high precision, high reliability time and frequency synchronization solution which can be used to synchronize with an IEEE-1588v2 PTP Grandmaster to provide reference frequency and time-of-day synchronization across all nodes of a PTP network. Multiple 1PPS / IRIG-B Outputs are also provided to synchronize local clock (time-of-day) display units as well as RTUs to a central timing source with nanosecond accuracy.
The VCL-PTP-2112, PTP Slave Clock is specifically designed for the synchronization of 2G, 3G and LTE mobile telecommunications networks as well as backhaul wire-line TDM Networks. It may be also used by Railways, Airports (including air-traffic control), power generation and distribution companies and other utility companies who need to distribute highly precise time-of-day and frequencies locked to a PTP Grandmaster (GPS) Reference across all nodes of their networks.
IEEE-1588v2 Slave Clock is specifically designed for the synchronization of 2G, 3G and LTE mobile telecommunications networks as well as backhaul wire-line SDH / SONET and Synchronous Ethernet networks. It may be also used by Railways, Airports (including air-traffic control), power generation and distribution companies and other utility companies who not only require a highly precise time-of-day and frequency synchronization locked to a GPS Reference but who also need to distribute highly precise time-of-day and frequency synchronization across all nodes of their networks.
The VCL-PTP-2112, PTP Slave Clock is equipped highly accurate, low-noise OCXO which provides a high stability holdover that is typical of an SSU in the event of a failure of the transmission link.
Features and Highlights
- Reliable, Cost-Efficient Reference
- BCMA (Best Master Clock Algorithm) - allows the unit to be installed in a redundant PTP Grandmaster network
- OCXO Holdover
- 1/5/10 MHz output
- 1 PPS / IRIG-B outputs
- Nanosecond accuracy
- Standard RJ45 and BNC connectors for all inputs and outputs
- ToD compliant to NMEA 0183 (DB9 Serial Port).
- Password Protection
- Redundant AC and DC power supply options
- 4, 10/100BaseT Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- 2 x 10/100/1000BaseT Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- 2 x 1000BaseSX/LX Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- VLAN and Packet priority
- Supports QoS, 802.1p based packet priority.
- Supports 802.1Q based VLANs.
- Power Contact and Lightening Protection as per Telcordia GR-1089-CORE.
Typical Synchronization Applications
- Synchronizing mobile communication networks such as UMTS, GPRS, HetNet, 2G and 3G networks
- Wireless and Wireline Telecom synchronization
- Distributing Time (ToD) and Frequency reference for power utilities across all nodes of the network
- Synchronization of Defense Networks
- Synchronizing airports and aviation communications
- Synchronizing railway signaling networks and railway communications
- Synchronizing traffic management
- Broadcasting Network and Broadcast equipment synchronization.
Management and Monitoring Ports:
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet
- 1 x External Alarm Relay Contact.
System Access, Control and Management Options:
- CLI Control Interface (HyperTerminal or VT100)
- SNMP V2 Traps (MIB File provided).
Security and Protection:
- Password Protection
- Separate VLAN on monitoring and access.
Configuration and Monitoring Software:
- Telnet, CLI
- GUI (Graphical User Interface) - Runs on any PC operating on Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8 OS.
Power Supply Options
- 1+1 AC power (100 to 240V AC, 50/60 Hz)
- 1+1 DC 24V power
- 1+1 DC -48V power
- 1+1 DC 110/125V DC power
GPS Receiver as a Primary Reference (PRC) Clock with IEEE-1588v2 Grandmaster and NTP Server