STM-1 Optical Repeater
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
STM-1 Optical Repeater
Orion Telecom Networks Inc. offers VCL-STM-1 Optical Repeater is a cost-effective solution which allows its users to transport an optical link over an extended range by amplifying and repeating the optical signal. A 1+1 optical interface option is also offered and available in the event that two STM-1 links are required to be extended on the same optical route.
VCL-STM-1 Optical Repeater is a compact solution housed in a 19" rack 1U high, which can be placed on the desktop or installed in a standard 19 inch rack.
Complete loop-back facility is supported for system diagnostic and commissioning. Compact casing and simple operation achieve cost saving and investment protection.
This unit offers two power supply options. Options for the power supply to the equipment include:
1. Dual DC - 48V Inputs (range -18V DC ~ -72V DC)
2. Dual AC 110V AC to 240V AC, 50 / 60 Hz Inputs
Data Sheet (PDF)
Features and Highlights
- 1+0 STM-1 Optical Repeater version
- 1+1 STM-1 Optical Repeater version for optical link redundancy
- SFP based design. Provides field removable / upgradable optical SFPs
- Short haul (1310nm), long haul (1550nm) and multi mode (850nm) optical SFP modules
- Clock recovery and clock re-generation
- Jitter Attenuation
- Management options:
- Serial RS232 Port (COM Port)
- Serial USB Port (COM Port)
- 10/100 BaseT remote management over LAN / TCP-IP Network
- SNMP V2
- Windows XP and Windows 7 compatible Network Management System (NMS)
- High reliability, complies to ITU-T G.957 specifications
- State-of-the-art design, ensure normal working under difficult environments
- Supports local and remote loop-back on electrical or optical interface for system diagnostics
- Simple operation and maintenance
- Compact design and low power consumption
- ITU-T G.783 compatible loss of signal detect
- Duplex LC optical interface
- Supports DDM function for read back of transmit and received optical power and alarms
- Class 1 laser safety
- Compliant with ITU-T G.957 STM-1
- To extend 1+0 optical links
- To extend 1+1 redundant optical links
- To convert short haul (1310nm) single mode interfaces to long haul (1550nm) single mode interfaces for extended reach.
- To convert (850nm) multi-mode optical interfaces to either long haul (1310nm) single mode, or long haul (1550nm) single mode interfaces.